This is my first large-scale attempt at making a 3D RPG. All combat is real-time with the goal of using skills/spells strategically instead of beat-them-up play.
- Experimented with Unity’s beta networking (UNET).
- Implemented enemy AI. Enemies ran on a state-machine which allowed multiple levels of personalities such as aggressiveness and passiveness. Enemies were also able to navigate themselves around a player if there was an obstacle or another entity blocking its attack area.
- Some spells and skills are functional such as Rolling, Teleporting, and Shield Bashing
- Applying status aliments such as Stun, Freeze, and Knockback are functional.
- Testing various projectiles such as rubber-type arrows. Rubber arrows bounce off walls and ricochet to nearby enemies within range.
- At this time, 5 types of arrows were functional: Normal, Ice, Fire, Rubber, and Piercing.
- Re-haul of the game with more efficient battle system, controls, navigation, and interaction system.
- Basic mechanics such as blocking and reflecting projectiles were implemented.
August 2015 and prior
- Initial design and implementation.
- Art was created using PicaVoxel, a voxel-based mesh creator and animation.
- Redesigned test bed character to look like Link from Legend of Zelda series.
- Ricocheting arrows against walls. Serves as a basis for rubber type arrows.
- Invoker-like spell system inspired from DOTA 2
- Testing various procedural level generation methods.
- A.I. experimentation